Sunday, October 01, 2017

Acrylic Pouring Art

YouTube is a treasure trove of art information--including my newest love: Acrylic Pouring. Here are my first efforts with Dirty Pour Flip, and Dirty Pour Ribbon.  The "dirty" in the name means basically that the paints are poured into a main cup, so they are all relatively mixed together before flipping that cup onto the canvas, or pouring it out onto the canvas in a "ribbon".  Other things are involved, such as which ingredient you add to make "cells": the spots that occur when the ingredient reacts with the acrylic paints. There is also the tilting, swiping and dragging, and new things developed every day by all the fabulous artists out there experimenting with everything.  It's pretty cool!

Click on an image to see them larger





Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Farm Equipment Query

I have a couple of tractor accessories I'd like to know about--and possible sell if they are worth anything, since I don't have the tractor for them anymore, or any need for one.

First is the plow, which I think might be a Little Genius Single Bottom. It's been in the woods for at least 30 years, but still looks pretty good. One wheel (left side is metal, the other is a wheel and tire. I don't know exactly what it is, except that it has a International Harvester logo on one side of the part  with the number on it below

.

 The full number on this part is P1618  \/
 
Parts move stiffly, but most look like with a little elbow grease and TLC they would work.




 Second is a disc harrow of unknown identity.  It's a little more worn, with some of the discs missing chunks of the metal to rust.



Last is something to do with hay mowing.  All have been in the woods for the same length of time. My dad used the harrow back in the 80's with an old Case tractor he restored to running, but when he passed in '96, the tractor was sold and the rest left out in the woods. My mom didn't want to deal with them, but now she'd like to sell them.








Friday, April 28, 2017

Van Conversion 3

Finally got some insulation and framing in.  The driver side, the back and side doors are insulated, the side framed and the passenger side wall is next.


The hanging thingy is the framing for the ceiling.  I'm having a little shoulder trouble, so it's just hanging there now on bungee cords and a piece of pipe. (After driving around with it like that for a few days, it's mostly just sitting on the stuff in the back.  You can see the passenger side door insulation in the last pic--a little pink stuff and duct tape did the trick!  The driver side wall needs a bit at the back for which I'll use whatever is leftover after the ceiling and other wall.


I'm hoping that the fall I took last week doesn't result in more surgery on my shoulder--I had an MRI this morning and should know by next week.  Sheesh!  All I need is one more thing to slow this project down some more!!





My current to-do list is:
  • finish the walls and ceiling
  • put in paneling
  • plywood on the floor
  • furnish with "kitchen", storage, bed platform and bed.
  • Fix the brown wire under the van for the trailer lights
  • Pay the car taxes so I can:
  • register the trailer and motorcycle
  • Get rid of the truck camper and truck cap
With the van ready for furniture, the garage will get cleaned out of the plywood, drysink, cabinets and shelves, which should go far in checking off the "Clean the Garage Out" list.  Since I just got notice of an available apartment, I need to get things going faster!

Monday, March 13, 2017

Van Conversion 2

Spent a lot of time working and planning, and recovering from rotator cuff repair surgery in January--still have a month and a half of physical therapy to look forward to, but as of week six, the restrictive sling is off and I can finally drive again!
I'm able to get a little more active now, but it's slow and cautious, no heavy lifting...meaning nothing heavier than a coffee cup!
 Here's the tentative floorplan.
Really rough plan, I need to measure again the van and the stuff I have to go in it again, maybe write it all down this time lol.  The dotted lines on the bottom are the extended sofa-bed I got on sale for $88.  Nice and firm, and a good size for the space, except that the back flattens down onto a non-movable frame, so if I don't do something about that, it will take up all that space no matter if it's up or down.  I'm thinking of cutting off the square-tube metal frame behind it, fastening the back bar and feet onto the wall, then adding smaller square tubes that will fit into the ones under the seat part, and letting them slide in when it's put back.The biggest problem (aside from my limited physical stuff) is that the couch is in storage, and hard to get to if there is snow--which we are expecting tomorrow from 12-18"--in March!  So, I just take it slow and do what I can.  People have come to see the house (which is for sale), but it doesn't look like it's going to sell too soon, so I still have time. (knock on wood!)

Pepper and Henry

Just needed an online-linkable pic of my two furbabies.