Thursday, January 15, 2015

Crazy Fun Nine-Patch exploration result

The images in my previous post were not as helpful as I'd hoped, since, in real reality, the pieces are scrappy in nature, and each block is different, made of different materials and colors. The images I posted were all the same colors--but I was thinking that the basic underlying pattern would sort of show that way in a quilt.  It still may, if the quilt is seen from a distance, because then the values of the colors will be more important, but in general, on a bed, the patterns don't matter as much.

In addition, I went back and watched the video tutorial by Mary Porter of Fons and Porter, and at about 1:22, you can see the sample quilt she made, and the blocks are all different in orientation.  So, I have to get out of my box and relax a little, and let myself go "cray-cray" with these blocks! lol  I must say that all these blocks were for Swap-bot swaps, and the ones I have to make my quilt from now all came from other people, most of whom did their blocks "correctly", so I'm happy with that.  Sore more experimentation is in order to make a series of blocks using 1 color/print of the block the same in all the blocks, with the other 2 colors/prints being "scrappy" to see if I can make a pattern.  Should be interesting.


Here's the one "done wrong" block I did























Here are some of my "correct" blocks









No comments: