Saturday, January 22, 2011

Nuccio's

I'm hired! I have three good jobs now, all adding up to one full time, which is great. It works perfectly into my ADD, since every day is something different, and I have so many new things to research and develop and learn--from Microsoft Word and Excel and Quickbooks, and a big list of other interesting programs in the secretary job, then general cooking and menus and recipes for the cooking dinner job at the monastery, and then there's all the baking!! I love baking!

Nuccio's Italian Market is a NY style Pizzeria, with a deli and market on one side and a bakery case I get to fill daily--well at least the three days I work there. There's another woman working there, too, who has been there a year+ and basically has the experience in how this particular bakery case needs to be filled, and I'm learning it gradually, since I'm only there three mornings Thurs, Fri and Sat.

January with all the new snow we're getting has slowed things down a bit, but I can work in the kitchen doing other prep if there is no baking to be done, so it's ok. I'm also going to try to enter some cakes in the CT Cake Competition in February. It's a busy time for me! YAY!

No comments: