This was up under the big maple in the back yard, all by it's lonesome! About 5" tall.
This is the other side, showing a little one at the base.
Barely ten minutes later, it was opening up the parasol.
**Disclaimer: I'm by no means an expert and from Wikipedia I find this:
"...The shaggy parasol is popularly praised as a choice edible mushroom. However, it contains toxins which can cause gastric upsets when eaten raw or undercooked, and some individuals show a strong allergic response even after cooking.
Furthermore, young shaggy parasols look identical to the poisonous Chlorophyllum molybdites (the mushroom that causes the most poisonings in North America yearly). Checking the spore print is essential as C. molybdites' print is green (older specimens have slightly green gills). As a result, this mushroom is not recommended for inexperienced hunters..."