Monday, February 25, 2008

My First Juried Exhibition!

Ok, here I am grinning ear to ear with my very first entry accepted into a juried art show!

The 65th Annual Connecticut Artists Juried Exhibition at the Slater Museum in Norwich, CT. This was my third try to enter something into this local but prestigious (to me!) show.

The piece is a collage called Circular Generation and it's composition came from a collection of circular and flowing items that are arranged to represent the circular flow of life itself, from the little ways day-to day activities can lead us back to beginnings and the large circle of life where we all return to the beginning one way or another. It's a little piece with a lot of meaning.

Here's a close-up:

2 comments:

Val Foster said...

This is a very cool piece, Cyn. Congrats on being accepted into the show!!! Kudos to you.

Cyn said...

Thanks Val! It's all so very exciting! Makes me want to do art!